So here is the elusive 50th blog post.
Part of me wishes I’d never mentioned it, as I know a few of you are anxiously awaiting this. I hope it’s what you were expecting.
I thought I would do something a little different to mark the occasion.
Although answering 50 questions looks easier than it is trust me.
Whilst reading through various blog posts I discovered www.dayzeroproject.com a very enlightening website.
I had a browse through the many challenges and I think some of them will benefit me. I’m on a journey of self discovery and in some ways this will also help my general sanity and piece of mind. I will answer all these questions fully and truthfully- I hope you don’t doze off haha!
So here it goes 50 Questions that will free your mind
1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
This is a real hard question, I would personally say that this depends.
Some days I can be a 10 year old kid watching my Disney films and other days I’m wrecked and ready for a bath and bed like an OAP.
2. Which is worse failing or never trying?
Hands down never trying is worse, that way you’ll always have regrets and what might have been questions. If you do your best and still don’t succeed you know that you done all you could.
3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do?
Being human isn’t easy. So doing what we wish isn’t always our choice. Sometimes we have to make compromises which yet again isn’t our choice. I think in a perfect world each and everyone of us would like a 50/50 split of these things.
4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?
I would like to think I’ve done more than I’ve said, and I will strive to make this question a reality.
5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world?
I would honestly like to be a positive influence on my nieces and nephew. Enabling them to be decent human beings and guiding them where I can.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
I wouldn’t say I’m settled as such, I would maybe say I’m comfortable. Although now I am looking forward towards the bigger picture- stay tuned.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I would take more risks, regardless of the consequences.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
I think I have overall controlled my life to date. I may have had a break between sixth form and university in an ideal world but I think on the whole no break was the best option. As I may have never gone to uni.
10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I’m a stress-head and a worrier on most things. I really am trying to stop stressing and worrying as much. It’s real hard to change but slowly and surely I shall get there.
I can do it!
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticising a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
I would have to tell them that it’s uncalled for criticism and that the person in question is in fact a close friend.
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Be the best you can be. Never give up.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
This is easy YES without a doubt.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
More than likely, I’m thinking this would relate to a song or a music video, but I cannot think of a clear answer. Sorry!
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I really don’t have an answer, anyone that knows me may want to answer for me. Feel free?
16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
As individuals we all love and enjoy different things. What I love, you may not even like? And vice-versa.
17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back?
Hmmm! Probably to travel more and maybe work in another country.
18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
No I don’t think I am.
Recently, I realised what truly matters and now I am looking to the future with those who matter. If that means leaving certain people behind so be it.
19. If you had to move go a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
It would have to be Ireland. I’d dreamed about visiting the Emerald Isle as a child and it’s just as amazing as I’d always imagined. I could definitely live there I would never get tired of Ireland.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Maybe when I’m busy but generally no, and it’s never going to come any quicker.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
I think being joyful always helps even if you are a simpleton.
22. Why are you, you?
That’s a good question. But I’m not really sure how to answer it, I guess I have traits that are family related and then it’s all me. I can be stubborn and I can be negative. I am trying my hardest to look for the positives and I am still having good and bad days.
23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
Overall, yes I would say I am the kind of friend I would want as a friend. Everyone has an off day though, right?
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
They are both pretty bad but I would say losing touch with a friend nearby is worse. As neither of you should have an excuse for not catching up. There is always time even if you have to keep re-arranging, which sometimes happens. That’s the unpredictability of life.
25. What are you most grateful for?
Good health, great friends and family.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
I don’t like this question as I would never want to lose either. I have fond memories of love ones and friends I will never see again, those memories I would never want to erase.
But on the flip side I have four beautiful nieces and a nephew and I look forward to watching them grow and change. Sorry! I’ve been honest and I won’t outrightly choose.
27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
You may have a gut instinct but that won’t always be right.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
I’d say part of my greatest fear has came true.
29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
No, not really. I’ve changed and grown and now it all seems so stupid. Childish even.
30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
Probably family parties. We would all let our hair down. I got on better with my cousins then, and performing and playing a part was fun. I think as a child I was much more confident than I am today. Maybe I need to look into my confidence as a child and emulate that now. We shall see? That could be a whole new blog post there…
31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
Hmm! Discovering America has made me want to go back. Those palm trees and those sights make me want to write and explore.
32. If not now, then when?
Soon! 2013 it will happen.
33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose?
Nothing. I have nothing to lose.
34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever?
Yep, and sometimes they are the best times.
35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars?
Don’t get me started!
36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil?
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
Knowing me probably not. But some sun would be a yes.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
More work I enjoy.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
Some days yes! Actually today is one of those days, but I shall see an awesome friend later so I can get by.
40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in?
Oooh! I really don’t know.
41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today?
I don’t like these questions as I would want to see everyone close to me. I love my friends. Some of them I’ve known for a long time and others I’ve only known a short while but they all mean so much to me and my family. Regardless of our ups and downs they are my world through thick and thin.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
No, I’m really not that shallow. I may not be perfect but I am me.
43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living?
Truly living is doing what you love and taking each day as it comes. Being alive is just surviving.
44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right?
Now, easier said than done though.
45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake?
Making mistakes means failing in some way and none of us like to fail. We also don’t like admitting defeat or to general weakness.
46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you?
I would probably worry less and take more risks.
47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing?
I’m not sure but I usually notice it more when I’m unwell. Surprisingly, I haven’t noticed it recently, obviously I am breathing regularly though.
48. What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?
I love a lot of things. My family and friends mean the world, I try to make them happy as and when I can.
49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that?
I hope I remember!
50. Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
I would like to think I am calling the shots these days. But sadly on some occasions life has a different plan. Thanks to events out of my control I’m now on a late shift tomorrow, but on the plus side it beats doing a full open until close.
I’d loved to hear your answers?